What is Video Editing?
Video editing is the process of manipulating and rearranging video shots to create a new work. Editing is usually considered to be one part of the post production process — other post-production tasks include titling, colour correction, sound mixing, etc.
Many people use the term editing to describe all their post-production work, especially in non-professional situations. Whether or not you choose to be picky about terminology is up to you. In this tutorial we are reasonably liberal with our terminology and we use the word editing to mean any of the following:
- Rearranging, adding and/or removing sections of video clips and/or audio clips.
- Applying colour correction, filters and other enhancements.
- Creating transitions between clips.
The Goals of Editing
There are many reasons to edit a video and your editing approach will depend on the desired outcome. Before you begin you must clearly define your editing goals, which could include any of the following:
Remove unwanted footage
This is the simplest and most common task in editing. Many videos can be dramatically improved by simply getting rid of the flawed or unwanted bits.
Choose the best footage
It is common to shoot far more footage than you actually need and choose only the best material for the final edit. Often you will shoot several versions (takes) of a shot and choose the best one when editing.
Create a flow
Most videos serve a purpose such as telling a story or providing information. Editing is a crucial step in making sure the video flows in a way which achieves this goal.
Add effects, graphics, music, etc
This is often the “wow” part of editing. You can improve most videos (and have a lot of fun) by adding extra elements.
Alter the style, pace or mood of the video
A good editor will be able to create subtle mood prompts in a video. Techniques such as mood music and visual effects can influence how the audience will react.
Give the video a particular “angle”
Video can be tailored to support a particular viewpoint, impart a message or serve an agenda.
What Will I Learn?
- By the end of the course you’ll have created your own Demo-Reel from 1min to 4/5 minutes – depending on your ambitions
The Entire Video Editing Process while you create you Demo Reel with professionally shut footage provided for you.
How to efficiently use all the editing tools in Premiere Pro CC – The right tools with right techniques at the right place and time
- How to use the powerful Editing Monitors within Premiere Pro CC from the Trim Monitor to Speed adjustment Monitors
- The complete and professional Color Correction Process – A step by step approach, Including how to use the all Lumetri Scopes and the Lumetri Color Panel.
- The concept behind Color Grading and how to apply Color Grading in a professional way to create different moods and feelings for your Videos
- How to use the latest Graphics within Premiere Pro CC to create Titles, Lower thirds and more…
- and much, much more…
- Ultimately, you should have Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 or 2018 installed to thoroughly follow along and practice while you are learning.
- You can also learn the entire Video Editing process and create your projects using prior versions of Premiere Pro CC or even CS6, CS5, CS4 and even CS3
- A minimum free disk space of 1GB to download and work with the necessary professional footage I have provided.
- If you want to create your OWN UNIQUE DEMO-REEL you will need at least 4GB of Free disk space to download 230+ Video Clip to work with.
Start your Video Editing Career with Premiere Pro CC and create professional productions for film, TV and the Web.
I created this course for you to learn Video Editing and Premiere Pro CC from fundamentals to advanced techniques.
This course isn’t how I work- that’s cool but surely not enough. It’s about you learning the right methodology, the best techniques, important concepts and their purpose. So that you learn all there is to know on your way to becoming a Pro Video Editor.
I know you want to practice, play with video shots, assemble short and long videos. You want to create and apply the skills you have learned right away. That is why I provided you with a complete raw footage of an Interview Based Documentary – 230+ Videos for you to work and practice.
You will learn how to edit the Interview and create a montage that tells a story. Assemble with additional footage to create an even more dynamic, exciting story.
Or come up with an awesome and original video using the same footage. It’s open to your imagination and what you want to create.
Everything is provided: a complete and comprehensive setup to start you up in Video Editing.
The Main Topics you will learn:
- How to efficiently import and organize your media. You will learn several methods to give you the freedom to adjust your work flow to suit your preferences and will develop your own style.
- How to go about editing a complete video. A step by step comprehensive post-production process. If you’re aiming to become an outstanding Video Editor and Build your career, this process is essential.
- With this step by step process , I will guide you to create your own unique Demo-Reel which you can then upload to any site as proof of your newly acquired pro video editing skills.
- All the editing Tools and How to use all the Editing Monitors in Premiere Pro CC.
- The process of Colour Correction from start to finish. You will have a complete understanding of all the Lumetri Scopes and how to use them.
- A comprehensive approach to Color Grading. Understand the Lumetri Presets for the Various Cameras and the technical aspect of these Presets and How to create your own Grading Presets.
- Transitions being an essential part of video editing, you will learn how to apply, modify and time the transitions effects using various monitors. You will also learn how to create your own transitions using animation within Premiere Pro.
- And of course, other topics are included such as motion and animation, graphics and titles and so on.
The course will dive straightaway into having you create your first video, with sound, music, images and text. No time is wasted with unnecessary concepts. You will be up and running in Premiere in 45 minutes.
So, if you’re looking to:
- Edit your Videos for your YouTube channel,
- Create exciting and well edited videos for your family album,
- Edit a Marketing Video for your website,
- Create a Music Video,
- Edit or Create Documentaries,
- Start your Career as a Video Editor with Premiere Pro,
- Learn the Post Production Process,
- Create your first Demo-Reel,
Then you will find this course ideal for your needs, as you work with an instructor who really cares about your success as individual.
Enroll now and start Video Editing right away. See you in the first lecture.